SpectorSoft - Spectorpro ripoff

Bronxville, New York 0 comments

When looking at buying SpectorSoft's primary product, Spector Pro, they focused on all the things I can capture and record, but didn't say anything about having to go back to the same computer in order to see what was actually recorded. It said that you could "remotely review your recordings...", but didn't say that you'd need another product in order to do so.

It turns out that to actually be able to remotely review any activity, I'd need to buy another product, eBlaster for an additional $70, that would allow me to be inundated with emailed reports. I go through enough emails as it is...

Review about: Spector Pro.

Spectorsoft Scam

Longwood, Florida 0 comments

Spectorsoft requires that a "activation code" be entered in to their software (Spector360) so that you can use it.This code can only be gained if you have a "support contract" which costs thousands of dollars per year.

Several times over the past ten years I have had to re-install the software because we had HD problems/crashes. Each time I've written to tech support they have told me that I need to renew my contract with them in order to get the activation code. With out it, I have no licenses to use for the workstations. In essence, we didn't really "purchase" the Spectorsoft360.

We are only LEASING it. I've tried to talk with them about this "leasing" business plan; none of which is explained when you make the purchase, but they only send me a "standard" form reply about how to renew our support contract.

Personally, I think their products are fine, but the business model they are running sucks.They never inform their customers properly of what would happen if there is a need to reinstall the software.

Review about: Spectorsoft360.

SpectorSoft - How many products do you really need?

Bronx, New York 4 comments

It turns out that to actually be able to remotely review any activity, I'd need to buy another product, eBlaster, that would allow me to be inundated with emailed reports. I go through enough emails as it is...

So all-in-all, I'd have to drop down ~$200 just for that functionality...a bit pricey for sure.

Review about: Spector Pro.

Comments

There are free services available if you plan to view computer activity over a home network, and email bombardment is a bit dated. Neither of these mechanisms are really remote monitoring to me.

I have Spector Pro and I monitor my daughter's computer across our network, so no, you don't need an additional piece of software.

You don't need spector pro to buy eblaster, so really you only have to pay 100 for remote monitoring, not 200.And while eblaster may not record screenshots every 5 seconds like spector pro does, it does record them based on keywords you enter.

You can set it to send you a screenshot everytime any word in a list of words that you enter is typed, viewed in an email or on a website or found in a website address.It will alert you immediately.

Not true... you can view Spector Pro recordings over your network.

View more comments